Seeing the good in every pain

We will all feel pain. It's inevitable … almost necessary. Because life is pain.

I’m not writing because I've figured out the "why's" of my own pains, but rather, I'm finding more questions than answers. And still, like Job, I will dare not ask God 'why?'. Never. I'd rather keep my peace.

The Bible reminds us in Romans 9:20, "Who in the world do you think you are to second-guess God? Do you for one moment suppose any of us knows enough to call god into question?" (MSG Bible. And so, I choose to grapple with the questions in silence —where they all seem to make sense somehow. The good thing, though, about it is that everything (pain, too) is temporary.

So I believe there’s always something good in everything. Even pain. Especially pain. Really. But to see the good in everything, you must strive to look for it. As John Lubbock noted, "What we see depends mainly on what we look for."

All we need is an attitude of gratitude to winnow the good from our pains. It takes time.
“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”  ~Lance Armstrong

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listening Skills

Walk Away

The dangers of conformiy